Dollylocks Dreadlock Training - Vol 1 Beginner
An introduction to creating perfect dreadlocks!
This Vol. I Beginners Course is open to any and everyone. In it, Alin Leslie will teach you how to create and maintain new dreadlocks on brush-able hair. You will learn to section and backcomb hair, use a custom made crochet hook to compress each individual dreadlock, and secure each base with a slipknot base-tie. We will briefly cover sectioning and the importance of brick-lay patterns and backcombing.
In this course you will learn:
Part 1 – Sectioning Basics
- Learn how to divide the hair into areas to prepare for dreadlock installation
Part 2 – Backcombing
- Learn to avoid common mistakes in dreadlock creation
- Discover how to achieve even compression through the length of the dreadlock
- Learn to recognize and correct errors, ensuring a perfect and uniform dreadlock
Part 3 – Hookwork
- Learn to prevent breakage when using a hook on hair
- Learn to ensure that the hair is secured within the dreadlock
- Learn to prevent inconsistencies and rectify mistakes
Part 4 - Base Ties / Slipknots
- Understand the importance of hair angle and tension
- Learn to secure the base of the dreadlock to ensure clean sectioning
- Bring together all of your new dreadlock creation skills to create tight, secure dreadlocks
Part 5 - Advanced Sectioning
- Master techniques for pre-sectioning hair to prevent uneven dreadlocks
- Learn to make subsequent rows of dreadlocks above your starting row
- Learn to section hair around the crown of the head
Want to Learn More? Check out our YouTube Channel!
Connect with us on Social Media!